Today I wanted to have some fun with the new Android Device Manager and find my phone to test out this new feature. I ran into a snag when I logged in. The site was unable to find my device, giving me the message: “Unknown Location”.
If your like me and want to correct this, you can do the following:
- Open Google Settings from your device’s apps menu.
- Touch Android Device Manager.
- Uncheck Allow remote factory reset.
- Go to your device’s main Settings menu, then touch Apps > All > Google Play services.
- Touch Clear Data.
- Go back to Google Settings and select Allow remote factory reset.
- Restart your device.
Once done you should be able to locate your Android device.