I was looking for customized t-shirts, embroidery, digital garments and found a group of individuals that are passionate about what they do. Perhaps you will too. So take a look at the talented folks over at Swagge Nation. Swagge truly the cutting edge of production. http://swagge.com
“Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.” – Marcus Aurelius
“At the end of your life, how do you want to be remembered? By beginning with the end result that you want to achieve, you can multiply your impact and your legacy.” - Stephen R. Covey
Photographs of the Earth from far away show how small we are.
Listen as Carl Sagan as he breaks it all down.
Today I received an email letting me know that I was not eligible for a unique Google + Custom URL.
Here is some info on custom URL in regards to Google +
Requirements for getting a custom URL
Before you can get a custom URL, your account needs to be in good standing and meet the following requirements:
Eligibility for People:
Ten or more followers
Your account is 30 days old or more
A profile photo
For more info follow this ‘link‘
Those who know me, know I love Star Trek. And now reading about a fan based Kickstarter funded web series. I am excited to see what Trek community will bring to the table.
Star Trek Continues is a non-profit, fan produced webseries that was launched in May 2013 with its first episode, “Pilgrim of Eternity.” So far I like what I have seen and can’t wait to see more. I have embedded the YouTube video here to feel free to sit on my post and watch it.
As always… Live long and prosper my friends.
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wireless.
- The Book of jermsmit – jermsmit.com eddtion volume 1
I am posting to share my experience with Comcast Support. It wasn’t a good one.
- Kyle > Hello Jermal, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Kyle. Please give me one moment to review your information.
- Jermal > My Issue: Cable Modem / Wifi Router defective
- Kyle > Our goal is to provide you with a consistently superior customer experience – that’s our guarantee. Learn more about the Comcast Customer Guarantee at http://www.comcast.com/corporate/Customers/CustomerGuarantee.html?fss=customer%20guarantee
- Kyle > I know how important it is to have working services Wifi Router . I’d be happy to get this fixed for you today.You have reached the right person and I assure you, I am able to provide you excellent service to properly assist you with this concern.
- Kyle > While I am reviewing your account information for this request; I will be asking you some questions that will be very helpful for us to properly assist you in fixing this problem. Will that be alright to you?
- Kyle > Let me check that on the account first.
- Jermal > Please review the following results form a ping test internal using the wireless hardware provided to me by your company:
- Jermal > Reply from 10.255.255.1: bytes=32 time=361ms TTL=64 Reply from 10.255.255.1: bytes=32 time=91ms TTL=64 Reply from 10.255.255.1: bytes=32 time=204ms TTL=64 Reply from 10.255.255.1: bytes=32 time=417ms TTL=64 Reply from 10.255.255.1: bytes=32 time=36ms TTL=64 Reply from 10.255.255.1: bytes=32 time=469ms TTL=64 Reply from 10.255.255.1: bytes=32 time=684ms TTL=64 Reply from 10.255.255.1: bytes=32 time=79ms TTL=64 Reply from 10.255.255.1: bytes=32 time=1215ms TTL=64 Reply from 10.255.255.1: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64
- Kyle > I see that you are using a wireless gateway, Jermal.
- Jermal > this is not normal , and this only happens with devices that are connected over the wireless interface of your router
- Kyle > I am running a system health check to best diagnose your connection status up to date for us to check what is affecting this concern.
- Jermal > now when testing adding another wireless router for example my results are: Reply from 10.255.255.1: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64 Reply from10.255.255.1: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64 Reply from 10.255.255.1: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64 Reply from 10.255.255.1: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64 Reply from 10.255.255.1: bytes=32 time=9ms TTL=64 Reply from 10.255.255.1: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64 Reply from 10.255.255.1: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64 Reply from 10.255.255.1: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64 Reply from 10.255.255.1: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64 Reply from 10.255.255.1: bytes=32 time=18ms TTL=64 Reply from 10.255.255.1: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64 Reply from 10.255.255.1: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64 Reply from 10.255.255.1: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64 Reply from 10.255.255.1: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64 Reply from 10.255.255.1: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64 Reply from10.255.255.1: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64
- Kyle > Do you mean that the issue is only with the wifi of this device, Jernal?
- Jermal > clearly the hardware is defective and yes, the Ethernet ports are fine
- Jermal > how do I get this replaced
- Kyle > The firmware is average
- Kyle > What our techs suggest is to use a sidecar router and enable bridge mode instead.
- Kyle > Yes, this is because of this devices firmware.
- Jermal > why would I do that…. are you admitting that the hardware is defective
- Jermal > I am confident that I am being billed for this hardware and me adding another router in its place is at an expense on my part unless you’re (your company) are willing to pay for the new router hardware
- Kyle > We do sell routers for $40 Netgears
- Kyle > You can actually order a voice modem and have your own router for wifi, this will eliminate the wireless gateway issue, Jermal.
- Jermal > is there a road map in the works to get the firmware updated on this device
- Kyle > Firmware updates are automatic from our system. Currently we are committed to release gateway 2, but there is yet to be a date for this.
- Jermal > do you have a link to the hardware you offer also can you provide me info on the voice modem devices
- Kyle > I have the approved modem link : http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net
- Kyle > Arris and Motorola Docsis 3
- Kyle > XFINITY Internet customers should go online to www.comcast.com/routerpurchase and log in with their Comcast ID and password for device and purchase details.
- Kyle > The Netgear wireless router costs $40.49 plus tax
- Kyle > Standard shipping is included at no additional cost (2-7 business days)
- Kyle > Expedited shipping available for an additional fee
- Kyle > Model: Netgear WNR2000-3XFNAS (comparable to Netgear’s standard WNR2000)2×2 802.11n wireless router
- Kyle > For more device details and product specs, go to the Netgear website at http://support.netgear.com/product/WNR2000-3XFNAS
- Kyle > Please let me know if we are still connected. Thank you.
- Jermal > Yes; I am just reading what seems to be pre scripted responses which makes me think that issues such as this happen so often that you need to script out response for them
- Kyle > You have opened a window for Comcast Internet Department and I don’t want to miss an opportunity to support you. Please do let me know you are there.
- Jermal > so let me get this right. I am a new customer and you give me defective hardware; knowingly then I need to buy hardware to have stable service. This seems to be engineered to force customers to spend more.
- Kyle > Great
- Jermal > what is “Great” about that? Again scripted response I suspect. Anyhow; once I buy a new router from you or from Newegg because I do not want to contribute another dime to your company if I can avoid it How do I hook this up?
- Kyle > there is no need for an Arris if you will bridge a router to your current gateway device
- Jermal > So do I keep this defective device and that becomes my gateway device. Please elaborate
- Kyle > Yes, the router will assign the IP’s to connected devices
- Jermal > Do you have steps provided for me to make this change myself
- Kyle > Jermal, do you wish to replace your current gateway modem or use it with a router?
- Jermal > I have not made a decision yet I am looking for options to the issue I am having with the wireless
- Kyle > Alright. May I know what steps do you need?
- Jermal > How do i switch to bridge mode
- Kyle > 1. we will enable bridge mode
- Kyle > on our end only
- Jermal > I should wait to buy the WNR2000-3XFNAS then
- Kyle > Yes, please.
- Kyle > Yes, just a router and an Ethernet cord
- Kyle > The swap for a voice modem is just free
- Kyle > You may click this link to order an upgraded modem that best suits your internet speed : http://www.comcast.com/deviceupgrade/?SCRedirect=true
- Kyle > you will need the account number for this order, Jermal. I can also transfer you to Sales for a priority shipment.
- Jermal > so what cable model will be used?
- Jermal > this is the part I am lost on and you haven’t informed me if I will need a new device or the existing (defective) one
- Jermal > the modem i have now is a voice modem / cable modem / wifi
- Kyle > we will be the one to provide the right mode for your service package.
- Jermal > how does the wireless device get hooked up
- Kyle > since you have phone service, we will swap a voice modem to you in replacing the gateway modem.
- Kyle > we are able to guide you on how to set up the router when you have it.
- Jermal > so the voice modem would have a Ethernet jack in back
- Kyle > Yes, Ethernet and tel ports
- Jermal > and that will be connected to the WNR2000-3XFNAS via cat5 for example or any router hardware I choose
- Kyle > Yes, Jermal.
- Jermal > ok
- Kyle > Thank you.
- Kyle > I will also note this chat on your account as easy reference of what we have done to properly assist you with this concern. I am glad I was able to assist you today. May I know if you have other additional steps I can help you with?
- Kyle > Great
- Jermal > ok thank you, you have been helpful
- Kyle > You are most welcome.
- Kyle > To sum up, we resolved your issue today by advising to use a voice modem and sidecar router for a more reliable wifi network. You were a great partner in resolving this concern, now you will be able to do this on your own in the future.
- Jermal > I am a bit disappointed that the hardware I just got as a new customer is defective
- Jermal > I am glad however you have alt. options for me to take
- Kyle > I understand.
- Kyle > I would also feel the same way having to experience it repeatedly.
- Kyle > I hope you consider it the same way with no additional steps needed to further resolve this at the moment. I will be very grateful to you.
- Jermal > thank you i am done here
- Jermal > time to place an order
- Kyle > Great
- Kyle > If you need assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to chat with us at your convenience. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Comcast also offers great FAQ and Help forums located at http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/ to help you solve many issues on your own.
- Kyle > Do you want to stay connected to your home and family whether you’re at home or away? Good news, Comcast offers Xfinity Home Security in your area. I would be glad to inform you about it or you may think of it and see for yourself at http://www.comcast.com/homesecurity/product_details.html.
- Kyle > Good bye for now. Take care!
- Kyle > Analyst has closed chat and left the room
As you can see, even the so called support tech’s know there is a issue, yet that have customers paying and the only solution is to then reach down into your pocket and pay more. - I miss Verizon FiOS
“Time is passing. Yet, for the United States of America, there will be no forgetting September the 11th. We will remember every rescuer who died in honor. We will remember every family that lives in grief. We will remember the fire and ash, the last phone calls, the funerals of the children.”
-President George W. Bush, November 11, 2001
“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” ― Dr. Seuss