Today, I was ‘pinged’ with a question regarding a post I made some time ago regarding white space in Exchange databases. This post was referring to Exchange 2010. This has prompted me to do a quick update on finding out this info in Exchange 2007.
Here are my methods to gather this info:
- Log into the Exchange 2007 Server
- In the Exchange MMC Locate the Server and Mailbox Store of your choosing and dismount it (not necessary)
- Then in the command prompt ran the following: eseutil /ms databasename.edb (you may need to specify the full paths to the database file. Depending on the size of your database this may take some time.
Another way –
- Open up your Exchange 2007 server’s even log viewer and look under Applications,
- then filter for the even 1211 and sort by data/time and you should see the sour database name and in the event message you will notice something such as: The database “Storage GroupDatabase” has 3 megabytes of free space after online defragmentation has terminated.
I hope this helps