Windows Deployment Services (WDS) is a service role that allows you to deploy operating systems to the PXE supported clients without the need of physical media.
- Windows Server 2016 Server Install
- Administrative rights on Server
Install of Windows Deployment Service
- On the Server Manager tool, click Manage, and then click Add Roles and Features.
- Accept the default selections and click Next until you get the Select server roles page.
- On the Select server roles page, as shown in the following figure, select the Windows Deployment Services check box.
- On the Add Roles and Features Wizard window, click Add Features.
- Accept the default selections and click Next, until you get the Confirm installation selections page.
- Click Install to complete the installation.
[youtube id=”l6GlUA2_3Dc” width=”600″ height=”350″]
Done – Next up is to configure WDS