I just rebuilt my workstation and now on the new system I would like to have all my saved Putty sessions. Putty doesn’t have a built in export feature for this. So I went looking for where Putty store its sessions info.
As there it is. In the registry, like so many other things. Here are some quick steps to do this:
- From the run prompt (shortcut keys: WinKey+R) enter regedit,, this opens the registry editor
- Locate the following branch: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SimonTatham\PuTTY\Sessions
- On the File menu, click Export
- In File name, enter a name for the registry file; In my case I named this Putty_Sessions
- Choose a location to save the file; You can now copy this file and import your the sessions data on the new system.
Update: I changed the export to the following