Methylprednisolone is a steroid that prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation. Methylprednisolone is used to treat many different conditions such as allergic disorders, skin conditions, ulcerative colitis, arthritis, lupus, psoriasis, or breathing disorders.
Friday, March 30, 2018
Today I start my DOSEOAK, sometimes referred to as Medrol (Pak) which was prescribed to me by my doctor to help address possible issues with inflammation in the area of my neck which may be triggering nerve sensations ending in pain starting in my shoulder, down the backside of my arm into my wrist and finally causing numbness in my fingers.
I am logging my treatment here as a reminder to myself and sharing the outcome with you.
- 7 AM – First 2 pills of the Medrol (Pak)
- 1 PM – pill number 3 after my lunch
Saturday, March 31, 2018
- 9:00 AM – First pill of the day. Off to Orthopedic around noon. I’ll be receiving x-ray of my shoulder and neck.
- 12:00 PM – Completed neck and shoulder x-rays now waiting for the doctor.
- 1:00 PM – I am now going to be scheduled for an MRI, also my medication dosage was increased by the Orthopedic because he felt that 4 MG was too low of a dosage considering the evident nerve pain in my fingertips.
Sunday, April 1, 2018
I started my new round of Prednisone Oral 20 MG Tablets
- Take 3 tablets by mouth daily for 2 days
- Then take 2 tablets daily for 2 days
- and then take 1 tablet daily for 2 days
Monday, April 2, 2018
Day 2 of my new plan, first dose at 7:00 AM – No side effects although, I do have soreness in my hips which is new…
Few hours after my second dose of the 20 MG Tablets – I felt cold sensations down my left arm (arm that was previously in pain). Hand also felt cold
Tuesday, April 3, 2018
Today is day way of 2 tablets daily — Took my dose in the morning 7:00 AM and went to work.
Around 12:00 PM I noticed the cold feeling running up down my arm again and into my hand and fingers. Typing is difficult as is it feels like I’m poking my fingers with pins… Reading online about symptoms has me paranoid … Now reading about: Thoracic outlet syndrome – https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20353988
7:30 PM Took my second dose for the day.
In bed by 10 PM, numb feeling in fingers during the night while sleeping
Wednesday, April 4, 2018
Day 2 of my 2 tablets — Took my dose in the morning 7:00 AM
Around Noon, my arm felt cold again