I am still working with some Office 365 issues. This one involves me off-boarding a previously migrated account back to my on-premise Exchange Server.
I had entered the wrong domain for “Target Deliver Domain” which caused the migration to fail with the following error:
The target mailbox doesn’t have an SMTP proxy matching…
To resolve this issue
- Open Exchange Admin Center on-premises Exchange server.
- Click Mail flow, and then click Email address policies.
- Select the email address policy, and then click Edit
- Locate the domain (<domain>.mail.onmicrosoft.com).
- Use this for Target Delivery Domain and attempt to migrate again.