- Resolved / New: No error message is logged when VMkernel stops a virtual machine on a datastore that is in PDL state
When a SCSI device goes into permanent device loss (PDL) state, all the virtual machines that use datastores backed by that SCSI device are affected. Some third party HA solutions incorporate a VMX option where disk.terminateVMOnPDLDefault is set to True. With this option the VMkernel stops such affected virtual machines. Starting with this release, when VMkernel stops affected virtual machines, a warning message similar to the following is logged in vmkernel.log once for each virtual machine.
- New: Enablement of session timeout to ESXi Tech Support Mode (TSM)
After you log in to an ESXi host at the console and then log in to the Tech Support Mode (Mode) as root user and initiate a remote server console access session, a non-privileged user might obtain root access to the ESXi host, if the remote access session has not timed out or remains idle.Starting with this release, you can configure a session timeout to exit ESXi Tech Support Mode (TSM) as follows:
- Log in to Tech Support Mode (Mode) as root user.
- Edit /etc/profile file to add TMOUT=<timeout value in seconds>.
- Exit Tech Support Mode (Mode).
Comments are closed.