Jermal Smith is an IT Leader from New Jersey, United States with over 18 years of experience in Systems Administration. He has a proven track record of implementing technologies that have a positive impact on organizations, increasing security posturing and productivity through technological advancements. He possesses a strong multifaceted set of skills in various technologies and has strong communication skills and collaboration abilities to lead diverse teams. He has an exemplary record of commitment and the highest degree of detail in all assumed roles.
Most recently, he has been involved in the following:
- Designing and implementing infrastructure upgrades
- Developing business continuity strategies leveraging (BaaS) and (DRaaS) providers.
- Developing IT standard operating procedures and overall guidelines.
- Corporate security posturing by developing security policies and procedures.
- Introduction of advanced threat technology, including IRM and DLP controls.
- Co-Development of Corporate Council and Change Advisory Board.
- Worked to assist the company’s goal to attain SOC2 Type 2 attestation.
Current areas of focus:
Virtualization – VMware, Hyper-V, Linux KVM
Servers – Windows Server, RHEL, Debian, Ubuntu Server
Storage Technology – Nimble, Dell, EMC, FreeNAS, Proxmox
Cloud Technology – Office 365, Azure, AWS
Past projects include but are not limited to:
• Infrastructure Development
• Subject Matter Expert Role
• SharePoint Development
• Testing Lab Desing and Management
• Deployment and Management of Office 365
• Power BI Integration
• Salesforce Administration
• Single Sign-on – SAML
If you would like to know more just ask or reach out to me on LinkedIn