Please visit his website and follow his YouTube Channel for all the latest and up to date info in rooting Android devices, such as the Galaxy S2, S3, and S4.
So how is this done!
- First thing is to root your Galaxy S4 (SGH-i337), this is a must
- Next, download the new Wifi Tether provisioning files. (Link) *his link not mine
- Use any file browsing app that allows for root access, such as ‘Script Manger’ found in the Google Play Store
- Browse as root to /system/app directory and you will find two files called TetheringProvision.apk and TetheringProvision.odex. Rename these files to TetheringProvision.apk.bak and TetheringProvision.odex.bak, respectively. I kept the orginal extension in the backup name so that if I reverted back I would remember what to name them
- Next go to your Download folder where you downloaded your new TetheringProvision.apk file and copy it to the file into /system/app directory
- Reboot your Galaxy S4 and try turning Mobile Hotspot on. You still get AT&T’s warning message but tethering will now turn on and work.
Awesome isn’t it
Ultimate Credits go to the folks over at XDA – Stop by and give those guys/gals thanks