I have been testing several free SIP Apps to go along with my FreePBX Asterisk server and after using an excellent app CSipSimple for a while I wanted to test how one of the paid variants would compare.
This had me looking right at CounterPath Corp’s Bria VoIP Softphone for Android. An app suited for corporations needed and at this point my own. It simply works great right out of the box. I had this setup in under five minute’s time. The sound quality is crisp both on 3G (H+) and Wireless There are many advanced features that I haven’t even played with yet. I may not need to as there doesn’t seem to be a need to fix what isn’t broken at this point.
The phone device I am using is a Samsung Galaxy S2 (i777 AT&T model).
For those of you who are serious about the applications you use and want to use a reliable one this is the app for you. Best of all, there is customer support if I find myself needing them.
- Highly secure, SIP-based softphone with exceptional voice quality
- Purchase in-app Premium Features like Video Calls, Presence and Messaging or audio codecs to enhance your mobile softphone experience
- Pre-defined VoIP Providers list available when adding new accounts on the Accounts screen
- Multi-tasking support for background operation, such as fielding incoming calls while using other applications
- Available in the following languages: English, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), French, Japanese, Korean, Russian and Spanish.
- Winner of the 2011 Product of the Year Award from Communications Solutions
- Winner of the 2011 Product of the Year Award from INTERNET TELEPHONY Magazine
- Multiple account support for up to 12 accounts on any SIP-compliant server
- Contact List leveraging the device’s native contact directory
- Call display and voicemail indicator
- Speakerphone, mute and hold functions
- Call history with a list of received, missed and dialed calls
- Ringtones and contact avatars
- Dial plan support
- Multiple call support – swap between two active calls, merge and split calls, transfer calls (attended and unattended)
- Audio codecs include G.711 a/u, G.722 (HD), iLBC, GSM and SILK
- Automatic codec selection to ensure optimal call quality
- Support for DTMF: the ability to enter numbers to use an auto attendant via RFC 2833, SIP INFO and in-band
- VPN support
- NAT traversal
- Application managed, server managed or user specified
- Global IP support
- STUN and ICE
- Media efficiency and quality
- Noise Reduction
- Echo cancellation
- VAD (Voice Activation Detection)
- QoS (Quality of Service)
- ToS Marking
- Security and encryption
- TLS and SRTP (secure call signaling and audio encryption)
- Logging support for trouble shooting
- DNS SRV record lookups
- Call quality statistics
- VPN Support
The following accessories are supported:
- Headset with microphone: Bria uses the ear-piece and microphone on the headset.
- Headphones (no microphone): Bria uses the ear-piece on the headphone and the built-in microphone on the phone.
- Bluetooth™ support: dependent on Android device and operating system.
- Bria Android includes features specifically designed for business and enterprise users, including:
- Optional customized branding for graphic assets and SIP settings
- Additional security settings
Feature Info Source: CounterPath’s Website