In this tech-short we will go over a simple yet effective way to list out the available site templates in SharePoint 2013.
Using the New-SPSite PowerShell cmdlet allows you to specify the name of a template to use. In my case I was unaware of the name of available templates in my SharePoint installation. Using the Get-SPWebTemplate command to produce a list for me.
- Open the SharePoint 2013 Management Shell
- The the following command: Get-SPWebTemplate | Sort-Object “Name”
The results are a list Templates which could be used in this environment.
If you wanted to do the same with PowerShell locally or remote the following steps can be taken.
Open PowerShell and issue the following commands:
- New-PSSession -ComputerName SharePoint
- Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.SharePoint.Powershell
- Get-SPWebTemplate | Sort-Object “Name”