In this tech-short we will go over a simple yet effective way to list out the available site templates in SharePoint 2013.
Using the New-SPSite PowerShell cmdlet allows you to specify the name of a template to use. In my case I was unaware of the name of available templates in my SharePoint installation. Using the Get-SPWebTemplate command to produce a list for me.
- Open the SharePoint 2013 Management Shell
- The the following command: Get-SPWebTemplate | Sort-Object “Name”
The results are a list Templates which could be used in this environment.
[youtube id=”jZyCV-P_xMQ” width=”600″ height=”350″]
If you wanted to do the same with PowerShell locally or remote the following steps can be taken.
Open PowerShell and issue the following commands:
- New-PSSession -ComputerName SharePoint
- Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.SharePoint.Powershell
- Get-SPWebTemplate | Sort-Object “Name”