I have recently become a homeowner and now in my new home I was forced to change Phone, TV and Internet Services. For many years I have been a very happy Verizon FiOS customer. The thing I will miss most about FiOS is the price and the internet speeds. It was a sad day when I needed to cancel my account. Even the account manager I talked with to exempt me of the cancellation fee’s was upset to see me go.
Now on Xfinity with a new setup I am impressed with the new equipment; set-top boxes, and cable modem.
List of Equipment:
- Voice and Data Modem: Arris Interactive, L.L.C. TG862G – With 4 Ethernet Interfaces supporting 10/100/1000 speeds along with built in Wireless supporting B,G,and N connections. More info can be found here.
- Cable Box: PACE PR150BNC – Impressive set-top box with excellent HD support
- Cable Box: PACE PX001ANC – Xfinity HD DVR Box, impressive and fast cable set-top box. Like that of the one above, excellent menu system and additional features enabling you to bring your tv experience and online social experience to your television.
- UTA Device: THOMSON TOM UDTA – what more can I say. Its a uDTA device which converts the digital signal into something standard for your viewing on your tv. It’s not HD which seems to be a little let down, but on the other hand we can extend TV services to other TV’s in our home.
- Xfinity Mobile Wireless: While this isn’t equipment in my home; its everywhere we go. This is a major win for Xfinity as I and family member have many mobile devices and this will help extend our mobile experience outside of our home. Info: XFINITY WiFi is included with XFINITY Internet (Performance tier and above) at no additional cost. And this is a major win over my former FiOS service.
And while it took me forever to set up my online account; I am truly impressed how intuitive the web portal is and how simple it is to manage my account. As a new customer; (former one of Comcast many years ago) I am impressed, very impressed.