If your following my posts you may notices I touched on a bug with Exchange 2013 SP1 before even posting about this update. That’s because I started to write this and didn’t yet finish; better late than never; I guess!
The following enhancements have been made with the release of Service Pack 1 for Exchange 2013
- Support for running Exchange 2013 SP1 on Server 2012 R2.
- Support for Windows Server 2012 R2 Domain Controllers and Windows Server 2012 R2 Forest and Domain Functional Level.
- MAPI over HTTP. More information on MAPI over HTTP here. Note that MAPI over HTTP requires Outlook 2013 SP1; you can download Office 2013 SP1 32-bit version here and the 64-bit version here.
- DLP policy tips for OWA.
- Add custom document types to DLP using fingerprinting technologies.
- Cmdlet logging in Exchange Administrative Console.
- Support for IP-less DAGs (on Windows Server 2012 R2).
- S/MIME support.
- Rich-Text editor for OWA.
- Edge Transport server role.
- Support for SSL Offloading.
Since the release of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Service Pack 1 (SP1), Microsoft has become aware of an issue that affects some customers who use transport agents that are provided by third-party OEMs. For more information about this issue and a supported fix, see the following Microsoft Knowledge base article:
2938053 Third-party transport agents cannot be loaded correctly in Exchange Server 2013
This service pack resolves the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
2860242 HTML format is lost after saving as an MSG file in Exchange 2013
2900076 Mailbox quota warning message uses an incorrect language in Exchange Server 2013
2910199 “Reply all by IM” chat window displays seven recipients in Outlook Web App
2913999 Meeting request body and instructions are lost in delegate’s auto-forwarded meeting request
2918655 Microsoft.Exchange.Servicehost.exe crashes after you enable FIPS
2918951 Users cannot access public folders after you upgrade to Exchange Server 2013 Cumulative Update 3
2925281 Outlook connectivity issue if SSLOffloading is “True” in Exchange 2013
2925544 Empty ExternalURL value for ActiveSync virtual directory after build-to-build upgrade of Exchange Server 2013
2927708 Resource mailboxes that are created by EAC will not be updated by policies in Exchange Server 2013
2928748 Default from delegate’s address in shared mailboxes in Exchange Server 2013
2928803 Long server connection for Outlook after a database failover in Exchange Server 2013
2930346 POP3 access does not work if the name of the resource mailbox differs from the user’s name
2930348 Manual redirection occurs in Outlook Web App if External URLs in each site are the same
2930352 Outlook Web App cross-site silent redirection does not work in Exchange Server 2013