Microsoft is releasing Windows 10 as a free download for users running the licensed version of Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1. Many of you like myself should be able to download and install as an update; but you may need to wait for it to be available.
There is another way and that is to download the ISO and install that way. Best thing is that you can get it right from Microsoft.
If your looking to Download Windows 10 – Click Here
- Make sure you have:
- An internet connection (internet service provider fees may apply).
- Sufficient data storage available on a computer, USB or external drive for the download.
- A blank USB or DVD (and DVD burner) with at least 4 GB of space if you want to create media. We recommend using a blank USB or blank DVD, because any content on it will be deleted.
- Read the System Requirements.
- If you will be installing the operating system for the first time, you will need your Windows product key (xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx). For more information about product keys and when they are required, visit the FAQ page.
Use the media creation tool to download Windows. This tool provides the best download experience for customers running Windows 7, 8.1 and 10. To learn how to use the tool, go to the Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool page. Tool includes:
- File formats optimized for download speed.
- Built in media creation options for USBs and DVDs.
- Optional conversion to ISO file format.
And let me tell you this – Windows 10 is worth all the hype