In previous posts I have gone over rooting the AT&T model of the Galaxy S4. Now it’s time to go over unrooting and going back to stock.
I recently installed ClockworkMod Recovery so that I could install CyanogenMod 10. After a few days I found myself missing some of the stock features; mainly the way the camera works with the stock Samsung / AT&T Firmware.
Here are steps I’ve done to make this possible:
- Power off your Galaxy S4
- Now hold down volume down, center button (home) and the power button together. This should take you to a warning screen. Follow the instructions on the screen.
- At this screen press volume up to continue; now you should be in the download mode
- Connect your USB cable to the Galaxy S4 and your computer
- Run the ODIN program; you will see a highlighted yellow box indicating your COM connection to the phone.
- Select the stock firmware; File should end with “tar.md5”
- In ODIN, select PDA to browse to the stock firmware file “*tar.md5”
- Click Start; you will now be in the process of installing the stock firmware for the Galaxy S4
- When completed you will see “PASS!” on the screen; your Galaxy S4 will restart.
- If you hit a message such as “Firmware Error”, just start the process over again.
- Once all has worked you should see the factory splash logo on screen.
- Power off the phone and do a factory reset.
How to do a factory reset of the Galaxy S4:
- Power off the Galaxy S4
- Hold the volume up, center button (home) and power buttons together; the phone will boot
- Once you see a logo on screen; keep holding down the volume up and center button (home) and let go of the power button
- In the recovery mode, choose “wipe data/factory reset” – this will take a few seconds
- Once this has completed; choose the option to reboot system; you are now back to stock.
Resources you may need:
- U.S. Galaxy S4 Stock Firmwares:
Links above provided by MEGA cloud storage service.
For other firmwares: http://galaxys4root.com/galaxy-s4-stock-firmware/
I hope you enjoyed this post
Please visit me on Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/jermsmitcom & via twitter: #jermsmit
3 replies on “How to Unroot and Go Stock: Galaxy S4 AT&T”
Wow. personally I think this page is without question engaging since I am using Odin 3.07. For the most part what got my attention best in this blog post is My PDA Button is always in disabled state. I think this is some issue when we use Odin 3.07 with Windows 8.1. Can you assist?.
Please tell me how to unroot may s4 at&t i337
Please send me the i337 files. I cannot get them anywhere and I have been looking for 2 months. The links are always bad, or the download is empty, or the md5 hash is invalid. Please help. Thank you in advance.