This post describes how to perform the basic task of creating a host profile.
Description of Hos Profiles:
VMware Host Profiles are available through VMware vCenter Server and enable you to establish standard configurations for VMware ESXi hosts and to automate compliance to these configurations, simplifying operational management of large-scale environments and reducing errors caused by mis-configurations.
- You need to have a vSphere installation
- You need to have admin rights
- You need a configured ESXi host that acts as the reference model
- In vCenter Navigate to the Host profiles view
- Click the Extract profile from a host icon
- Select the host that will act as the reference model host and click Next
- Enter the name and a description for the new profile and click Next
- Review the summary information for the new profile and click Finish
- The new profile will appear in the profile list
[youtube id=”IOA7cfuW6os” width=”600″ height=”350″]
One reply on “VMware vCenter 6/6.5: Creating Host Profiles”
[…] VMware vCenter 6/6.5: Creating Host Profiles […]