Its been awhile and now I am back to using #Asterisk version 11. Best of all is the simple to configure Google Voice configuration setup via the #FreePBX Web Interface.
Asterisk 11 introduces several new features that build on the features in Asterisk 10. Highlights include:
- Call Identifier Logging, which makes it easier for system admins to debug problems in their deployments
- Named Callgroups and Pickupgroups, which effectively removes the 64 callgroup/pickupgroup limitation
- General and Technology Specific Hangup Cause querying from the dialplan
- Hangup Handlers, which simplify hangup routine implementations in the dialplan
- Pre-dial routines, which let a dialplan writer execute a routine on a channel during construction
- Initial support for WebRTC, including support for ICE, DTLS-SRTP, and SIP over Websockets
- Named ACLs, which let ACLs be defined once and referred to by name from any module
- A brand new XMPP channel driver chan_motif, which has revamped support for the various Google Jingle protocols
I will have my own step by step of my Google Voice write up, coming soon!
Feels good to be back to this after so long.