The first time I encountered this issue I called Samsung and sent off my tablets to get fixed. This is while I was still under their service contract. They had fixed one and because of a small scratch on the screen of another they declined to fix unless I paid $60.00. I said no and had them ship my tablet back.
Well it happened again. This time I fixed it myself.
Lets start with the symptom:
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 does not turn on after it has drained it’s battery completely.
Attempts to fix:
- Holding the power button down for several seconds up to even a minute
- Holding the combination of power button, volume up button, and home button
- Charging with various chargers including the USB port on a computer as suggested by support once
- Complain about the issue on social networks
As you can tell no of the above seems to work
This is what worked for me:
- Removing the back cover to expose the battery.
- Disconnect the battery cable from the circuit board and reconnect it after 60 seconds or more.
- Plug the charger. Now the battery accepts charge and the device can now be powered on.
To do this you may want to have a few tools
- Pry Tools Repair Kit
And that is it, I hope this helps. I am unsure why these devices have this issue but seems to be a common one.